Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Reflection on Face-Face

Taking the time to listen was the simplest and most effective activity of the evening. Remembering to take that time to, “LISTEN”. Not just listening but actually being an active listener. Remembering you don’t always have to provide a solution, agree to what they say, or respond. In our group I think we could all agree when it came to parents, sometimes just wanted to be heard.
After I reflected upon the non-negotiable items presented by various human resources staff from different districts I had a few thoughts.  At first I tensed up to hear it said, but then I thought, “You feel this way too”.  What settled me was to hear that there were actually backing their staff to make them successful.  As one person stated providing their staff with the tools and equipment they need to make students successful.  With this I was reassured they were on track with realistic expectations.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ebony, for your candid comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you discussed the listening activities we did during the second half of Friday's class meetings. It's important to remind ourselves that listening is NOT just waiting for our turn to talk.

    ReplyDelete