Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter 6-Reflection

“Trust is precious” immediately this chapter title stood out and made me think of several situations that I’ve witnessed or experienced.   As a human when those thoughts can trigger us to immediately go to the negative and then find balance with the positive.  This chapter discussed how trust can be destroyed in seconds, one encounter, or one wrong response. I feel once a leader loses trust then nothing that is spoken from that person again is perceived as a good thing, even when they may have something great to say.  That’s why it’s important as future leaders use caution on what we say and how we respond to others in tough situations.  I believe we will be remembered during those times those times are what we will be remembered for.  I want to be remembered on how I handled the situation and how I didn’t allow it to impact me in a negative way.

1 comment:

  1. It's true that no matter how we act and respond 90% of the time, it can be that 10% that defines how we are remembered. It's important to build up enough trust that we have a "bank" for moments we make a mistake. It won't negate the mistake, but it can minimize the negative effect that it has.

    ReplyDelete